Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Costume Everyday


New morning, new day. Time to hide feelings.
Time to be happy for everyone.
See friends and meet them with cheerful greetings.
This curved tattoo of a smile, fake fun.

We sit and laugh and gossip as always.
Total opposites in and out body.
I’m frightened they’ve caught me because they gaze.
I’m an actress to please everybody.

This blissful costume is consuming me.
My mood changes like tides in the ocean.
But the film is rolling, the cast can't see.
And want me to drink a healing potion.

The bell rings, I’m home. School’s finally done.
I run to my safe haven, costume gone.

2 comments:

  1. The title is real nice. This is a good poem, but IMO, "peeved" has got to go.

    For me, it's a poem-ruiner. It's too informal in an otherwise pretty serious poem.

    I love "this blissful costume is consuming me." It's my favorite part.

    But the next line "I want to show my true emotions" pales in comparison to the preceding line, so it should be strengthened.

    ReplyDelete